LIV Golf has announced that “The Duels” will return throughout the 2025 season, with Wesley Bryan once again set to compete, fresh off being handed a suspension by the PGA TourWesley Bryan has been banned by the PGA Tour(Image: Getty Images)
The return of LIV Golf’s “The Duels” will also see PGA Tour winner Wesley Bryan make his return to the breakaway league.
On Thursday, LIV announced that the creator event will make a comeback on four occasions later this year after being launched in Miami prior to the Masters last month. The YouTube-pro crossover will take place prior to tournaments in Virginia, Dallas, the UK, and Chicago.
A whole of of the league’s biggest members have committed to take part, including a return for Phil Mickelson and Sergio Garcia, with Bryson DeChambeau and Jon Rahm set to make their maiden appearances.
READ MORE: Timberwolves-Thunder referee slapped and given bloody nose as game halted after secondsREAD MORE: Steelers president backs off after Aaron Rodgers’ personal issues come to light
On the creator side, the Bryan Bros, including world No. 269 Bryan and his younger brother George, will return to the frame. The inclusion of the former in the maiden Duels clash in Miami initially raised eyebrows, with the 35-year-old playing his golf on the PGA Tour.
Bryan, who won the RBC Heritage in 2017, has conditional status on the Tour after missing out on a full card at the end of last season due to his FedEx Cup ranking. Despite this, he played three times on the PGA Tour in 2025 before committing to play in the creator event on the LIV setup.
The PGA Tour has taken a no-nonsense approach to the breakaway league since its inception in 2022, and things proved no different after Bryan chose to tee it up in the YouTube showdown. In the weeks following, Bryan confirmed he had been suspended by PGA Tour bosses.
Wesley Bryan will return to The Duels(Image: Getty Images)
At the end of last month, he took to his YouTube channel, “Bryan Bros Golf,” to address the decision taken against him. As you can tell from the title and thumbnail,” the former RBC Heritage winner said. “I have been suspended by the PGA Tour. It’s been a difficult few weeks for us.
“It’s been an emotional roller coaster for sure for everybody in this cart… Even in the midst of the little disagreement we have right now, I just wanted to make sure that we said our proper thank yous, because, again, they’ve given us so much.
“And when we started our YouTube journey ten-plus years ago, all we wanted to do was fund our mini-tour journey in hopes of one day playing on the PGA Tour.” Bryan and his brother have become two of the most popular faces in the ever-growing YouTube golf scene.
It could well have cost him his career on the sport’s leading circuit, though, amid his newfound commitments to The Duels. Despite this, Bryan has no regrets. I don’t have regrets,” Bryan told MondayQ in April after making the decision to take part in the LIV event.
“That video is one of the most powerful videos in YouTube golf.” Bryan added, “We are going to continue to support Grant and grow the game through YouTube.” He also hopes it will not signal the end of his professional career, having thanked the PGA Tour for the opportunity given to him as a playing member.
“For the last eight or nine years, the opportunities have been amazing,” Bryan commented. “I’m extremely grateful to the Tour for that. I don’t want this to be the end of my professional golf career.”